In the next few years, Montréal-Trudeau will see some major changes. The exceptional, sustained growth in passenger traffic will lead to structural projects that will change the face of our airport.
Our priority: gradually adapt capacity to meet the expectations of our customers and the community.
Our intention: to make our northern airport a model of modernity, with the best equipment, that is pleasant for passengers and efficient for carriers.
Montréal–Trudeau: Meeting the growth challenge
Open letter from Philippe Rainville, President and Chief Executive Officer, Aéroports de Montréal
Watch the video - Successful growth
Watch the video - CCMM - Philippe Rainville - April 30, 2018
Montréal-Trudeau in numbers
• 148 direct destinations, 89 of them international, handled by 35 airlines;
• Connections account for 20% of passenger traffic.
Increase in passenger traffic
• Increase of 52% since the 2008–2009 financial crisis, and 38% in the past five years;
• 19.4 million passengers in 2018, or 1.3 million more than in 2017.
• Over the next five years, traffic should grow at an average annual rate of over 4%;
• 22 million passengers in 2022 and 35 million in 2035!