Mission and commitment
Aéroports de Montréal aims to maintain harmonious coexistence with its surroundings, particularly with regard to protecting the environment. ADM has adopted an environmental policy that identifies key areas for improvement in terms of environmental protection. The Corporation is also a signatory to the Global Aviation Industry Commitment to Action on Climate Change adopted at the 2008 Aviation and Environment Summit in Geneva, Switzerland. In addition, ADM signed the Airports Sustainability Declaration in October 2016 at the Airports Going Green conference, which was held in Amsterdam.
Airports Sustainability Declaration
ADM also participates in the program L’économie sociale, j’achète! (French only), an initiative that aims at providing support to stimulate the supply of public institutions and large companies from social economy enterprises in Montreal.
Certifications and recognition
As part of its commitment to environmental stewardship, ADM has introduced multiple initiatives whereby it stands out in a number of areas.
- ISO 14001 certification since 2000;
- BOMA BESt certification Level 2, attesting to the superior energy-efficiency and environmental performance of the terminal building;
- First Canadian airport certified under the Airport Carbon Accreditation (Level 2: Reduction) in 2014, demonstrating ADM’s commitment to reducing its GHG emissions. In 2016, ADM reached Level 3, Optimization of the Carbon Accreditation Airport, becoming the 4th airport in North America to reach this level.
- Novae Corporate Citizen Award 2015, residual material category, and finalist in the 2015 Mercuriades Awards competition, organized by the Fédération des chambres de commerce du Québec, for the project for recycling, recertification and reuse of glycol aircraft de-icing fluid at Montréal–Trudeau;
- Chicago Department of Aviation Airports Going Green Award, 2013, for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system;
- ACI-NA Environmental Achievement Award 2011 for its tree-planting projects ;
- Honoured at the 2011 Gala de reconnaissance en environnement et développement durable de Montréal for its Écono-Écolo-Pratique program (French only);
- Second prize from Sustainable Transportation Leaders for the 2009 “In Town Without My Car!” event;
- Energia Award from the Association québécoise pour la maîtrise de l’énergie for its thermal plant project;
- Mercuriades Award for Energy Efficiency for its thermal plant project.