Request to visit the airport
To ensure that airport activities run smoothly and that your report goes well, we ask that you always call the Aéroports de Montréal’s (ADM) media relations line before you arrive. Our offices are open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, and only in the event of an emergency that involves ADM, follow the instructions to leave your message.
Requests to film on site
- All media outlets, journalists, photographers and camera operators must request permission to film from ADM'S Public Affairs at 514 394-7304.
- ADM will advise on the rules that must be respected at the airport and will inform the appropriate personnel to expect a media crew.
Media not conducting live broadcasts must park in the public parking lot.
A few curbside parking spaces are available for live media trucks on the departures access ramp. Permission must be obtained before parking and vehicles must be attended at all times and without exception. At no time should media vehicles park on airport roadways, as there are traffic flow, navigational aids and height restrictions that must be considered.
On site reporting
- Please be prepared to provide identification while on site.
- Filming of security personnel and security checkpoints is not permitted.
- For right-to-privacy reasons, passengers and staff are not under any obligation to be filmed. Individual permission must be obtained before filming anyone in the terminal.
- So as not to obstruct queues and to ensure that passengers are not disturbed and maintain their right to privacy, please do not approach them while they are waiting in line.
- Audio-video outlets are available for live image and sound transmission at four different locations in the terminal: one in the domestic arrivals lobby, one in the international arrivals lobby and two in the passenger waiting room on the second floor. To make a reservation, please contact BELL at 1 800 361-7113 or VIDEOTRON at 514 599-2651 or 1 800-361-2727.
- Cables from the live trucks are not allowed inside the terminal.
- A few curbside parking spaces are available for live media trucks on the departures access ramp. Permission must be obtained before parking and vehicles must be attended at all times and without exception.
- At no time should media vehicles park on airport roadways, as there are traffic flow, navigational aids and height restrictions that must be considered.
- All non-news filming at the airport requires a filming permit. Please call 514 394-7304 for further information. Please note that permission will not necessarily be granted.
- There is a cost for the co-ordination, security and use of the installations.
There are a number of recommended locations for filming aircraft take-offs and landings. Here are four favourites:
- At the end of Pitfield Street in Saint-Laurent. Take Côte Vertu Blvd. West to Pitfield and turn right, continuing until the end of the street.
- On Chartier Avenue in Dorval. Take Côte-de-Liesse Blvd. to 55th Avenue North then make a left on Chartier.
- The park behind the Westwood Sports Centre in Dorval. Take Cardinal Avenue and turn North onto Thorncrest Road. The park is at the end of Thorncrest.
- Chemin St.François in Saint-Laurent runs the length of the airport’s North side. Good views are available from Donohue Crescent.