The office of the Vice-President, Legal Affairs, is responsible for administering ADM’s lease with Transport Canada, for drawing up contracts and other legal documents required for conducting business, and for managing any disputes in which the Corporation is involved. It is also tasked with issuing legal opinions on the scope of various legislative, regulatory and contractual provisions so as to ensure compliance and enforcement.
Legal Affairs also acts as ADM’s corporate secretariat, which includes, among other things, co-ordination of the meetings of the Board of Directors and its various committees, the keeping of corporate records, and the issuance of annual reports as required by law. Furthermore, it negotiates and manages ADM’s property leases and processes related requests for services or contractual information.
Lastly, this vice-presidency is responsible for the co-ordination, follow-up and handling of complaints from third parties.
Public Affairs and Communications
The office of the Vice-President, Public Affairs and Communications, is tasked with managing the Corporation’s reputation and handling communications with its various audiences: employees of ADM and of its partners on the airport sites, users, neighbours, the business community, governments, the media and the general public, along with organizations of interest to ADM such as Airports Council International (ACI) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
To these ends, the Public Affairs and Communications team is responsible for both internal and external communications channels including the websites, information pamphlets and other corporate publications, in-house and public events, awareness campaigns targeting employees and the airport community, advertising campaigns, media relations, donations and sponsorships, the Montréal Identity Program (Aérogalerie), management of complaints (general and aircraft-noise-related), as well as projects involving sustainable development and land access routes.
Airport Operations, Infrastructure and Air Services Development
This office of the Vice-President, Airport Operations, Infrastructure and Air Services Development, is responsible for operations at our two airports and for the development of new aviation services. Its many duties are shared among the five following departments:
- Operations: Ensures the smooth running of day-to-day airport activities as well as the quality of services to users. Also oversees user safety by means of monitoring, prevention and response actions, pursuant to the regulatory framework.
- Airport Patrol: Responsible for maintaining order and public peace, road safety and aviation security. Also ensures compliance with ADM’s legislative and regulatory requirements for security.
- Customer Experience and Process Innovation: Is tasked with enhancing the customer experience, through such means as assessing passenger processes and recommending action plans for the implementation of innovative processes, services and technology solutions.
- Air Services Development: Identifies opportunities for development in the area of passenger and cargo traffic, and recommends action plans to support the corporate objectives for air traffic growth. Manages the seasonal scheduling approvals process and, in collaboration with the Operations department, plans the related facilities assignments.
- Airport infrastructure: Responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of airport infrastructure related to civil engineering (runways, roads, etc).
Finance and Administration
The office of the Vice-President, Finance and Administration, is in charge of the planning and sound management of financial and material resources, as well as information systems, for the entire Corporation.
Its specific responsibilities include strategic planning, annual budget implementation and tracking, treasury management, and various special projects. It also dispenses professional advice to all divisions and departments in the various aspects of the Corporation’s management.
There are four departments responsible for performing the duties of the Finance and Administration division:
- Finance: Plays a front-line role in ADM’s strategic planning, revenue management and budgeting co-ordination, and ensures the financing of the Corporation by maintaining close ties with the credit rating agencies and main capital market intermediaries.
- Procurement: Manages the procurement of goods, materials, equipment, construction work, and services for Aéroports de Montréal, and sees to the improvement of processes and policies so as to meet the needs of the Corporation.
- Technology and Innovation: Its main task is to ensure the reliability, accessibility, upgrading and security of the technology infrastructures and information systems required by the Corporation in the fulfilment of its mission.
- Strategy and business data : Responsible for analyzing business data concerning air traffic and customer satisfaction. The team measures results and makes forecasts that will be used to estimate aeronautical revenues. The team oversees the annual strategic planning process and analyses to support the Executive Committee in making business decisions.
Planning, Engineering and Construction
The office of the Vice-President, Engineering and Construction, is responsible for planning the development of Trudeau and Mirabel airports, which includes mapping out the master plan for the airports, establishing the investments program, providing technical expertise for capital works projects and managing the execution of such projects on airport lands.
There are five departments jointly responsible for this division’s areas of activity:
- Airport Planning: Assesses, based on traffic forecasts, the capacity requirements of the various airport systems. Forecasts and plans development of the airports, both in terms of aviation needs and the related buildings and facilities.
- Project Management and Construction: Manages and controls, jointly with all stakeholders involved (consultants, contractors and suppliers), every step in the completion of projects.
- Architecture and Engineering: Defines projects and controls quality in all aspects of their completion. Manages the life cycles of existing facilities. Is also responsible for the environment and sustainable development.
- Investments and Cost Management Program: Establishes the investment program based on ADM’s strategic plan, manages new project requests and sets priorities among those projects, and controls the costs of the capital works program.
- Aérotrain Project: Is responsible for developing and building the rail shuttle linking the Montréal–Trudeau terminal building with downtown Montréal.
Comprising multidisciplinary professionals, the office of the Vice-President, Human Resources, provides strategies, programs, practices and tools for the purposes of hiring, developing and building the loyalty of ADM talent, enabling the Corporation to fulfil its mission and achieve its business objectives. Human Resources is a key partner of ADM’s managers, providing sound advice and guiding them in all of the human resources challenges they are called upon to meet. Jointly with the labour union bodies involved, this vice-presidency works to provide employees with beneficial working conditions and a healthy, safe working environment.
Real Estate and Commercial Services
The office of the Vice-President, Real Estate and Commercial Services, is responsible for, on the one hand, managing the food services and retail spaces in the terminal building and, on the other, development and improvement of the land and buildings for which ADM is responsible.
Four departments are jointly responsible for carrying out its duties:
- Commercial Services: Manages the food services and retail spaces in the terminal building (concessions).
- Access Assets: Manages parking at Montréal–Trudeau, along with vehicle rentals and transportation services.
- Real Estate Development: Is responsible for the development of the corporation’s land and industrial spaces.
- Strategy and Special Projects: Among other things, oversees the repurposing of the Mirabel site.