Since December 15, 2021, the Public Health Agency of Canada is advising travellers, regardless of their vaccination status, to avoid non-essential travel internationally.
If you must travel, continue to monitor, and review Canada's entry requirements before and during your travel, as they are subject to change.
To provide you with a safe and enjoyable journey in the current COVID-19 context, here are some tips to prepare your trip with confidence:
- Consult the Travel Advice and Advisories page of your destination to know its entry and exit requirements.
- If you need to complete a COVID-19 molecular or antigenic test, one can be booked at YUL or online.
- Make sure you have a digital or paper copy of your proof of vaccination and a copy of your COVID-19 test results.
- Be careful when packing your baggage: put wrapped gifts in checked baggage (hold baggage). If this is not possible, gifts placed in carry-on baggage must not be wrapped.
- Avoid searching for parking and get discounts by booking your parking online.
- Be sure to check your flight schedule before going to the airport by visiting ADM’s website or contacting your airline.
- Plan your movements accordingly: take the time to check the condition of roads and traffic on the highways before heading to the airport.
- Delays are to be expected at border checkpoints. Please make your way to the airport 3 hours prior to your flight's departure time, whether you are traveling internationally, to the United States or domestically. For tips on how to speed up your passage through security, click here.
- Take advantage of the many shops at YUL and its wide range of restaurant options. You could even order your meals online from select participating restaurants, and then pick them up directly at their designated pick-up locations, all without any contact and waiting in line.
- Within 72 hours of your arrival to Canada, be sure to submit your travel information through the ArriveCAN mobile application. You will need to provide information about your trip, your quarantine plan and complete a COVID-19 symptom self-assessment test.
- To save time at border control, use the CanBorder mobile application to fill your declaration.
- To save time at your arrival in Canada, pre-register for your COVID-19 screening test.
- You must take a molecular test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada.
- Before your return, consult the Public Health Agency of Canada's website to learn about the requirements for COVID-19 testing and quarantine.
Picking up passengers
- If you are picking someone up at YUL, it is best to avoid entering the terminal building as space is limited due to the international arrivals screening clinic. If you need to assist the traveller you are picking up, keep your assistance group to a minimum.
- The CellParc parking lot is free and allows you to wait in peace in your car. Once the person you are picking up has arrived, you could pick them up at the drop-off area.
For all other questions regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), please consult our Frequently Asked Questions (COVID-19).